Welcome to Eco~Mom~Andee's Blog!

Any journey begins with one step, followed by many others. This blog will journal the steps taken to build a home-based business
that is ethical, safe, environmentally sound, and healthy for you all around!
Follow the journey, including the links given, and you're sure to learn something!

Sunday, October 10, 2010

10/10/10

Does it mean anything? :)


Many would have you believe it does!  But what?  Who knows!  It is an interesting combination of numbers within a date.  Ever since we began this century excitement builds for each date where 3 numbers repeat themselves or line up in sequence: 01/01/01, 02/02/02, 01/02/03, 03/03/03, 02/03/04, 04/04/04, 03/04/05, 05/05/05, well, you get the idea! ;-)


Back in August it was 08/09/10 and now in October it's 10/10/10!  Our local paper did a front page "Hometown" piece on a bunch of kids turning 10 years old today and what they thought of being 10 on the 10th day of the 10th month of the year 2010.  Most just thought it was cool; one kid has a friend who will turn 11 on 11/11/11 and thought that was more cool... it's all ones!!!  LOL


Does it mean anything as far as my business building goes?  Not really. :)


But today means there are just ten days left of a very special membership deal we are offering!  And my goal is to help ten people learn a better way to shop by the end of these next ten days!  So there's a small correlation to tens. :)


I keep thinking about what I do, what I'm wanting to do, and of all the people I can help along the way!  I love helping others, especially in ways that will help them to go on and help even more people. :)  Personally, I don't see any reason(s) for people not to jump on board with me and start doing what I'm doing - other than people don't really want to help others, they just want to do for themselves.  Of course, I've always done things to help others - for as long as I can remember.  It's a big part of who I am!  Some people in my life don't like that; and sadly, they aren't so much a part of life as they could be if they didn't think that way.  But it's their problem - it's not place to change them.  And that's how I see it with my business - some people just aren't liking it and that's ok.  I still don't see why not - but it's not my place to change them.  


There are people, and I hope lots of people, out there who do like helping others and they also like trying new things so they will jump on board with me and try this new way of shopping and they will save money and save precious resources and our environment and they will go beyond that and share it with others and those people will repeat the same things too.  Eventually more people will shop this way than people that don't.  A huge change in the world will be seen as that happens!


Can you imagine the change that could come about if I can introduce just 10 people to this in the next 10 days and then each of them introduces 10 people to this... we have 100 people changing the way they shop (and possibly the way they live - to doing the things they love to do all the time)... and then what happens when each of those 10 (100) introduce 10 more people to this wonderful new way of doing things?  1000 people are now doing it!


Those are my kind of numbers  10 x 10 x 10 :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment