Welcome to Eco~Mom~Andee's Blog!

Any journey begins with one step, followed by many others. This blog will journal the steps taken to build a home-based business
that is ethical, safe, environmentally sound, and healthy for you all around!
Follow the journey, including the links given, and you're sure to learn something!

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Success

We have just a little over 5 days left to this month.  Will I meet my goal of 8 new customers?
(I'll let you know on the 1st) ;-)


It's not so easy building up a new business from nothing.  It is great to have mentors and know that others before me have succeeded.  But I do wish I could find someone who did so with as many challenges to their efforts as I have been dealing with lately!


The other day I came across a video highlighting 7 very important things to building your own business.
1. FAITH
2. GOALS
3. ACTION
4. CONSISTENCY
5. BRANDING YOURSELF
6. BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS
7. DEVELOPING YOURSELF PERSONALLY


So, in giving some thought to all these things and asking myself if I have these or if I am doing these, here's my own personal results.  Those of you that know me, feel free to add in your thoughts here too, or in a private email. :)


1. YES!  I absolutely do have faith that I can do this new venture successfully.  


2. YES! I have goals and little goals to help me get to the bigger goals.


3. Yes, and No. This is one area I need to adjust, not because of inaction as much as the actions I've been doing have so far not brought me to my goals as fast as I want, so I must make some adjustments.


4. No! It's true! I have not been consistent in my actions.  I need to be setting appointments every day not one or two days a week.  I have to find more time somehow.


5. This one made me wonder if I actually have my own personal brand - something that everyone knows is me!  There are many things I do or have done that others know me for; but is there any one thing that would stand out like a 'brand' such as Dell, or HP, or Toshiba (all computers I've had - and all well known by others for their computers).  This one needs more thought, and/or work.


6. Relationships I've got - hundreds of them, mostly minimal.  If I'm going to be good at my own business I should be building those relationships; get to know those people better.  To truly be building relationships I should probably be finding new ones as well - have a variety of relationships with people at various stages or different levels of involvement.


7. YES!  I am always seeking more knowledge!  Learning anything new is exciting to me! Taking all my knowledge and adding to it is a big part of what makes me ME!  If I can inspire others, I should inspire myself! (working on it) ;-)


OK, out of 7 "essential parts of success" I have 3 without a doubt!  I have another 2 that are coming along nicely but have room for improvement! There is 1 that is needing to be developed from scratch.  Then there is one that I'll have to do some more thinking about.  From a purely mathematical point of view I'm at about 75% there! 


If I look at like Success is 100% and Failure is 0% then I'm much closer to Success than Failure - and THAT is a very positive thing, don't you think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment